Sun, Mar 12|
Heck of Alotta Jewelry: Let’s Hang It!
Let's hang and hang some junk!
Time & Location
Mar 12, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Scottdale, 3498 E Ponce de Leon Ave, (driveway on Milton St.), Scottdale, GA 30079, USA
About the event
At this meetup Mar 12th, we will be repurposing beads, vintage jewelry, tiny toys, magnets, and old trinkets to create personal multimedia canvas art and to upcycle a few frames. Do you have some tiny memorabilia or keepsakes that you want to turn into hanging art? Bring ‘em and look below for details on how to join us.
Backstory: We started up a new upcycle program called Heck of Alotta Jewelry. The purpose is to create jewelry from random items or break down jewelry to reconstruct. Another purpose is to create repurposed art from old jewelry like suncatchers. These upcycled creations will be for one’s personal use and to create merchandise for Heck’s fundraiser. Our goal for upcycle programs is to have community-led workshops and meetups to upcycle and repurpose various types of stuff from clothings to garden art. If you’re in the neighborhood and have an idea for a project, call or email Danielle Wiggins at 505-385-5853 email@example.com
Our first meetup on Feb 5th, we created customized earrings from guitar picks. Some of these earrings were donated to be sold as Heck’s merchandise to raise funds. The group started with introductions and personal stories that revealed how art can be a therapeutic tool. The purpose is to connect with our community members and teach ways to stay environmentally friendly.
- All skill levels are welcome. We hope to learn from each other. This program seeks to become community-led with participants planning future meetups and activities. Danielle is the lead for this meeting.
- Outdoors. This workshop will be outside. If it’s rainy, we will be under a roomy pavilion.
- This is a free workshop with a suggested donation of $10 to $20, but no one will be turned away. Donations will go toward future meetups. You can make a donation online here: https://www.heck.house/donate
- Each meetup is limited to 10 participants and is mandatory for everyone to rsvp.
- Any concerns or questions, please contact Danielle