Sat, Jun 17|
Playdoh's Writing for Puppets workshop
Come explore crafting stories for puppets with Playdoh.
Time & Location
Jun 17, 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM
Scottdale, 3498 E Ponce de Leon Ave, (driveway on Milton St.), Scottdale, GA 30079, USA
About the event
This outdoor workshop explores how to craft stories with images & action uniquely suited towards puppet theatre. We will combine movement, drawing, writing, and collage to experiment with how different mediums can inform storytelling. Participants are encouraged to bring an object they’re drawn to, to bring a notebook and pens, and to wear clothes easy to move in. Participants will arrange images inspired by a movement exercise. These images (with accompanying text) formed the storyboard/outline for a short puppet play.
The conductor of this workshop is Playdoh.
Playdoh is a multimedia performance artist exploring contested spaces and animated objects. They work as a prop and puppet maker and performer, creating work that irreverently comments on the way we structure our lives under capitalism, and the ways we try and fail to create and maintain authentic connections with one another. Most of their productions are created from trash and recycled materials and feature rag-tag community casts.
- June 17th, Saturday 2-3:30 pm
- If the weather is rainy, we will be under the pavilion. If it’s hot, we got fans.
- Limited to 10 spots. Suggested donation: $10 Donations can be made here(www.heck.house/donate) or onsite.
- Bring an object you're drawn to, and a notebook/pens. Wear comfortable clothes to move in.
- We are operating as a home-based workshop on a private residence. This is a private event not open to the public.
- Please park on one-side of Milton Street responsibly.