Fri, Jul 21|
Hippie Love Party does ATL w/ Spiderhouse <3
Underground live-music filming with Hippie Love Party & Spiderhouse
Time & Location
Jul 21, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Scottdale, 3498 E Ponce de Leon Ave, (driveway on Milton St.), 3492 E Ponce de Leon Ave, Scottdale, GA 30079, USA
About the event
This is HLP's very first time in ATL and first-ever out-of-state tour! This live-music filming event will showcase extremely underground music, primarily in the lofi, emo, and indie genres. What the Heck do ya need to know?
- Live-music filming with a small audience. If you want to be part of our audience please click "Get tickets" to rsvp. Limited space. Only 20 spots.
- Please support your local art community and the bands by tipping and donating a few bucks. Donations can be made here: https://www.heck.house/donate The suggested donation is $5-$10.
- Outdoors. Rain or shine. If it is rainy, we will be under the pavilion. Dress appropriately for the weather.
- All ages. Be advised that there may be some language. Minors should have their parents'/guardians' permission and/or an adult supervisor.
- It's perfectly fine to bring your own food and drinks.
- Parking is limited and on one side of Milton Street. Please carpool or rideshare.
Scroll down to cHECK out the performers:
- Original written and recorded alternative/indie music
- Atlanta based
Hippie Love Party @hippieloveparty
- @TrashTapeRecords math rock/3rd and 5th wavey emo
- From Virginia Beach, VA
- btw, HLP has a silly name that they forgot to get rid of when they stopped playing psych rock and weren't 14 anymore.
Disclaimer: Heck.house has not obtained a business license yet. The location is zoned R-75 (single-family residential) with an overlay Tier 1. In order to change the usage from residential to commercial, we have to arrange for an off-site parking lot agreement with a nearby business. (Clarification: This is not a rezoning situation because of the overlay.) Once the property is classified as commercial, we can go through the steps of obtaining a business license.
In the interim period, Paula Novelle, who lives on site, is still active with small private events that are limited in size to prevent parking issues and use a decibel meter to manage noise levels. All events are free and require participants to rsvp/sign up. Any donations collected during events are often shared with the artists/organizations involved and reported as required by 501(c)(3) status. We are a grassroots, arts advocacy organization with many neighbors actively involved and welcome feedback from the community.